APPLY to the Program
Leadership Saratoga seeks up to 24 individuals who:
- Are committed, motivated and eager to serve in volunteer, appointed or elected leadership roles in Saratoga County.
- Are able to commit the time and energy to complete the program and continue to serve the community.
- Have demonstrated community or career achievement appropriate to age and experience.
- Are residents of Saratoga County or are non-residents who can show significant sustained community involvement in Saratoga County.
- Represent a cross-section of business, professions, organizations, government, education, socio-economic, ethnic backgrounds, age and geographical areas throughout Saratoga County.
- Are committed to stay actively involved in the county.
Attendance (Make sure you have the time!)
In addition to the opening and closing retreats, the time commitment includes 14 sessions (one full-day; 13 half-day) and full participation in a group project completed outside of class. Attendance at all sessions is expected. Attendance at the two-day opening retreat, September 24 - 25, 2017 and one day closing retreat, May 9, 2018 are mandatory. Participants who do not attend 80% of the sessions will need to withdraw from the program.
Tuition is $1,700. The Leadership Saratoga Alumni Association, through the Linda G. Toohey Scholarship Program, provides scholarship assistance to those who are able to demonstrate need. Up to the equavalent of two full tuitions may be allocated each year. Selection is merit based. Please see the confidential Linda G. Toohey Scholarship Program Request Form for details. The request for tuition assistance or scholarship funds has no bearing on the selection process. Once you have completed the application, you will have the opportunity to complete a tuition assistance request form if desired. Candidates are selected for admission to the program prior to review of any Request Forms. All requests will be kept strictly confidential. Scholarships are limited and will be awared based on proven financial need. If you have questions, please contact Kathleen Fyfe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 584-3255, ext. 201.
Contact Kathleen Fyfe, 584-3255 or email@example.com.
READY TO APPLY?
Select Online Application from the navigation to the left and complete the application form. Once completed, you will receive an email with a link to your completed application. Upon scheduling your interviews with the Advisory Board members, please email them this link so they can review your application prior to your interview with them.
WANT TO HEAR MORE FROM THIS YEARS CLASS?
An informational session with some of the members of the class of 2017 will be held on Thursday, May 4th at 5:30 pm at the Chamber offices, 28 Clinton Street, Saratoga Springs. They will answer questions about their experience as the most recent participants in the program. You need not register to attend but doing so would help us plan for the number of attendees. You can do so here