Leadership Saratoga extends an invitation to individuals committed to a better tomorrow and who are motivated to assume volunteer leadership roles in Saratoga County today. Applications for the 2013 - 2014 class are available now. Please visit the apply page to do so.
Consider Leadership Saratoga if you are:
- Interested in playing a greater volunteer, appointed or elected leadership role in organizations and communities in Saratoga County.
- Motivated to develop or hone the skills needed to serve effectively on nonprofit, municipal or educational boards.
- Curious to learn about issues facing schools, towns, human service organizations, historical and cultural venues in the county.
- Seeking an extensive network of contacts.
- Eager to make a positive impact in the communities in which you live and work.
- Able to commit the time and energy to complete the program and continue to serve the community.
True leaders are serious about their commitment - and with more candidates than positions available, your commitment as an applicant to fully participate in the program is essential. The Retreat is mandatory and will be held Sunday and Monday, September 29 - 30, 2013. Class members must attend 80% of all sessions to graduate from the program. Completion of a group project and attendance at a few board meetings outside of the scheduled sessions are also required. It is expected that graduates of the program will continue to strengthen their volunteer community involvement in Saratoga County.
- Greater effectiveness and awareness in leadership
- Exposure to community leaders, countywide issues and opportunities
- Results-oriented media, ethical decision making and fund raising training
- Increased awareness of countywide economic development, educational & nonprofit organizations and their challenges
- Expanded knowledge of effective board governance
- A clear understanding and appreciation of the need for community diversity
- Opportunity to serve on community organization boards and committees
- Extensive network of contacts
- Active Alumni Association